With the new particule system in the work, I was thinking that it would be great that Banshee could define “image sequences” that we could use the same as a single image for a texture or other purpose (GUI, 2D Image, particle billboard):
Feature 1: Image sequences
- Could define the sequence, define the start and end (from named files), but could override and set the start and end by changing the numbers of the start and end frames…
- Set the sequence to repeats, ping-pong, loop, and define the FPS
- Set as auto-start
Theses parameters could also be changed from scripting.
This could allow for stuff, like:
- Create explosions on Billboard from animated footage
- Create river textures (like rapids, or falls). by having a image sequence of water running in loop.
- Lava textures with motion
- Character faces changing (cartoon style), from script, or auto start in a cutscene.
Feature 2: UV animation
Being able to create an animation of the UV coordinate parameter (Animation window?), could allow textures to move on the model and allow for example a river texture to follow a specific direction, and give a sense of motion. This could be done in a UI way by using the animation windows (could set the animation to repeat, stop) and in a parametric way by scripting.