DirectXTex is a nice way to support .dds files since as far as I know, freeimage doesn’t support dds right? I’m not that familiar with how bsf works but I guess it would be similar to implementing freeimage?
Looks to be Windows only. I don’t believe DDS is a complex format, so there is probably no need to integrate a third party library for it. This isn’t a high priority for me, but if someone else wants to take a crack at it, you’d have to add a
SpecificImporter override, similar to
Alright, that’s ba start. Just syncing sources. Gonna take a look at updating bsf dependencies
Some update on what I’ve been working on today,
- Updated freetype to 2.9.1
- Updated snappy to latest version from google repo
- Updated nvtt to latest version from github
- Built physx-4.0 and right now starting to migrate from 3.3 into 4.0
- Initial plugin codebase for DX12
Great, nice to hear about PhysX 4 and DX12 plans.